Sunday, December 5, 2010

home (sort of)

Started with a slightly rough departure: tsa mistook my tony chachere’s creole seasoning as explosives then I spilled my freshly poured (airport priced) margarita directly into my lap. But for the first time EVER I slept solid on a plane (perhaps the tequila soaked through my jeans into my blood stream) and I only made it 1/4 of the way through eat pray love. I have arrived in Auckland feeling surprisingly refreshed and excited. The woman sitting next to me was a 48-year-old ex-pat from new york who had left the corporate rat race to work at a sporting goods store in queenstown. She had no problem getting herself residency here so now I’m more excited than ever to get this life started. But it’s Sunday so I guess I’ll have to wait. Going out for lattes and chocolate fish :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT - TSA thought your cajun seasoning was explosives !!!

    ReplyDelete